Thursday, May 03, 2012

Eyeglass Part Trivia

A funny thing happened today in class.  While I was teaching a student exclaimed, "Oh no, I've broken my... my... Hey, Mr. Maas, what's this part on eyeglasses called?"  He was pointing to the long part that goes above the ears and comes off the frame around the lens.

So I looked it up.  It's called a "temple."  Makes sense I suppose.  And now you know too.


Judi said...

I enjoy little tidbits of trivia and people who find such things interesting. At one point in life I knew what the plastic end of a shoelace was called. Can't recall it now. But how I know what my glasses 'temple' least for a day or 2! LOL

Nate Maas said...

It's called an "aglet." There was a funny Phineas and Ferb TV episode on aglets including a nice song about them. I'm sure you could find it if you google it or perhaps it's onYouTube.