Thanks for your patience while this website is being improved. If you'll recall, one of the first posts to our website complained that we had no recipes (like some other websites). Okay, if recipes you want, recipes you'll get.
Here's one my wife tried the other day for Baja Fish Tacos, provided by a friend of hers. Now before I give it to you, I don't want to hear, "oh, this is a recipe from such-and-such." It probably is. As far as I know, it came from her friend Julie.
One final note, I understand there may be some rather discerning food critics among our readership. I like good tasting food, but things that are easy to prepare. Here's one that meets my criteria and one that our three rather picky boys all seemed to enjoy:
Baja Fish Tacos
2 T. taco seasoning
1 T. fresh lime juice
1 T. fresh orange juice
1 lb. mahi mahi, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 T. canola oil
2 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup guacamole
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
8 corn tortillas
8 lime weges
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Add fish and toss to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; sauté 5 minutes or until fish is done.
3. Combine cabbage, green onion, guacamole and cilantro.
4. Warm tortillas in a pan on high, one at a time.
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the cabbage mixture down the center of a tortilla, top with fish and a squeeze of fresh lime.